Experience: 6-8+ years of experience
Languages: C++, Python
Our client is a quantitative trading firm that got its start in the crypto markets and is now making a push into the traditional commodity options and futures space. They are looking to hire a CTO that can help lead their engineering team through this new phase of growth. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience working at major trading firms in an engineering or engineering leadership position. Additional experience sitting in a quantitative developer or trader / developer hybrid role is also highly valuable.
- The CTO will be expected to lead the engineering team, managing a team of low latency and full stack developers.
- The position will sit at the nexus of trading and development; as such, it is important that the candidate is able to understand feature requests from traders and communicate them clearly to the engineering team. The ideal candidate would have worked throughout the stack and have strong experience in both C++ and Python.
- The ideal candidate would have worked on low latency execution systems, research and data pipelines and have some familiarity with trading system UX design.
- Experience with both hardware and software computing; networking; and building or managing middle and back-office trading technology is also a major plus.
- Looking for someone entrepreneurial who is comfortable building systems without the support of a major organization.
- As a small team, this is an opportunity to have tremendous impact without having to rewrite a full trading stack from scratch.
- London or Singapore based.
- Must be an individual contributor as well as capable of managing the team.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in the Crypto space specifically.
- This role comes with an equity component attached.